UFC 257 is merely hours away and is again! After combating simply — primarily on account of — McGregor will enter the Octagon at UFC 257, towards elite light-weight contender Dustin Poirier. The fighters have made weight. Now all that is left is for each McGregor and Poirier to make the stroll.
Additionally looming within the wings is Nurmagomedov who, in accordance with Dana White, might be watching UFC 257. If somebody does one thing spectacular, stories say, he could come again for yet one more defence of his UFC light-weight title.
The combat takes place on the UFC’s Combat Island in Abu Dhabi.
This is not the primary time this combat has taken place. McGregor defeated Poirier comfortably the final time they fought over six years in the past at UFC 178, however Poirier has improved dramatically since then. He defeated Max Holloway for the UFC interim light-weight championship, and, the present light-weight king. The .
Regardless of Poirier’s enhancements, most oddsmakers have McGregor as a transparent favourite on this bout. His, mixed with the fashion matchup, has most individuals seeing this as a good combat for McGregor. Poirier is primarily a boxer and McGregor remains to be the sharpest striker at 155 kilos.
McGregor additionally seems to be in phenomenal form and, by most stories, is as motivated as he is been since his legendary first run at featherweight. We may very well be in for one thing particular with this efficiency. McGregor has predicted he’ll win this combat inside 60 seconds.
Personally, I am a giant fan of the UFC’s Contained in the Octagon collection, which breaks down the match-up. The McGregor vs Poirier one is already on-line.
However exterior of the blockbuster important occasion, UFC 257 runs deep. Michael Chandler is making his UFC debut towards combat of the night time machine Dan Hooker in a compelling co-main occasion and the undercard is dotted with names like Joanne Calderwood. There’s a whole lot of nice matchups in there.
Each important occasion fighters made weight. For those who missed it, here is the ultimate face-off between McGregor and Poirier…
The cardboard did lose just a few fights within the undercard nonetheless. Test under for the total combat card.
Easy methods to watch UFC 257
This 12 months the UFC entered into a brand new partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the growth of the game of MMA, however unhealthy information for client selection. Particularly should you’re one of many UFC followers who wish to watch UFC reside within the US.
It is value noting, nonetheless, that the UFC has elevated the value of PPVs beginning with UFC 257.
Within the US, if you wish to know how one can watch UFC 257, you may solely discover the combat night time on PPV via ESPN Plus. The price construction is a bit complicated, however listed below are the choices to observe UFC on ESPN, in accordance with ESPN’s website:
- Present yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC combat for $70.
- Present month-to-month ESPN Plus subscribers will be capable of both improve to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $85 or buy the power to observe the UFC occasion on PPV for $70 by itself.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers can purchase a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $90. It is a respectable deal. The earlier bundle gave a saving of 25% however this new bundle is a 35% saving. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will auto-renew after one 12 months, on the value of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of auto-renewal.
You are able to do the entire above on the hyperlink under.
MMA followers within the UK can watch UFC 257 completely via BT Sport. There are extra choices should you reside in Australia. You’ll be able to watch UFC 257 via Principal Occasion on Foxtel. You may also watch on the UFC web site or utilizing its app. You’ll be able to even order utilizing your PlayStation or utilizing the UFC app in your Xbox.
The cardboard isn’t finalized, however based mostly on earlier UFC occasions, that is what we anticipate…
- The primary card begins Jan. 23, 10 p.m. ET (7 p.m. PT).
- The prelims begin Jan. 23, eight p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT).
- The early prelims begin Jan. 23, 6.30 p.m. ET (3.30 p.m. PT).
- The primary card begins Jan. 24, Three a.m. GMT.
- The prelims begin Jan. 24, 1 a.m. GMT.
- The early prelims begin Jan 23, 11.30 p.m. GMT.
- The primary card begins Jan. 24, 2 p.m. AEDT.
- The prelims begin Jan. 24, 12 p.m. AEDT.
- The early prelims begin Jan. 24, 10.30 a.m. AEDT.
Right here is the total, last combat card…
- Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier
- Michael Chandler vs. Dan Hooker
- Jessica Eye vs. Joanne Calderwood
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Amanda Ribas
- Arman Tsarukyan vs. Matt Frevola
- Brad Tavares vs. Antonio Carlos Junior
- Julianna Pena vs. Sara McMann
- Khalil Rounree Jr vs. Marcin Prachnio
- Nik Lentz vs. Movsar Evloev
- Amir Albazi vs Zhalgas Zhumagulov