UFC 254 has began: The prelims are underway, and the primary occasion is imminent. With the exception of some stragglers, the fighters have made weight and we’re good to go. On the prime of the cardboard is arguably the largest combat of 2020: An entire banger in each sense of the phrase. A light-weight unification contest between and .
From a types standpoint, it may very well be probably the most compelling match-up of the 12 months.
Learn extra at CBS Sports activities: UFC 254 stay updates
In a single nook we’ve got Nurmagomedov: Probably the most dominant champion in UFC historical past. With a report of 28-0, he is solely misplaced one spherical in his whole MMA profession — towards— and has dominated nearly each different second he is been within the octagon.
Within the different nook, probably his nightmare match-up. Justin Gaethje is not only a technical brawler with concrete slabs for palms (and perhaps one of the best leg kicks in MMA) he is additionally a world class wrestler. The consensus is Gaethje has a greater likelihood than anybody to maintain this combat on the ft and out of Nurmagomedov’s consolation zone — who likes to take opponent down and wreck them with floor and pound until they’re sapped of life and power. In order for you additional perception into this match-up, you possibly can’t do higher than Inside The Octagon with Dan Hardy. Nice present, nice perception.
In order for you a little bit extra data on the combat and the backstory main as much as the competition, I like to recommend UFC Countdown.
UFC 254’s undercard is fairly gentle, except for one combat: A middleweight contest between former champ Robert Whittaker and Jared Cannonier. That one can be an absolute banger so do not miss it. Whittaker is likely one of the finest UFC middleweights ever and Cannonier has been a wrecking ball within the final couple of years. The winner will probably face off towards present champ, so tune in.
The way to watch UFC 254
This 12 months the UFC entered a brand new partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the growth of the game of MMA, however dangerous information for shopper selection. Particularly if you happen to’re one of many UFC followers who need to watch UFC stay within the US.
Within the US, if you wish to know the way to watch UFC 254, you will solely discover the combat evening on PPV by way of ESPN Plus. The associated fee construction is a bit complicated, however listed below are the choices to observe UFC on ESPN, in response to ESPN’s website.
- Current yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC combat for $65.
- Current month-to-month ESPN Plus subscribers will have the ability to both improve to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $85 or buy the power to observe the UFC occasion on PPV for $65 by itself.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers can purchase a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $85. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will auto-renew after one 12 months, on the worth of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of auto-renewal.
You are able to do the entire above on the hyperlink beneath.
MMA followers within the UK can watch UFC 254 completely by way of BT Sport. There are extra choices if you happen to stay in Australia. You may watch UFC 254 by way of Major Occasion on Foxtel. You can even watch on the UFC web site or utilizing its app. You may even order utilizing your PlayStation 4 or utilizing the UFC app in your Xbox One.
This can be a bizarre one. Usually UFC occasions have the identical begin occasions, this time spherical it is completely topsy turvy so pay shut consideration to the occasions beneath. For these in different areas, the UFC has an incredible record of begin occasions.
- The primary card begins Oct. 24, 2 p.m. ET (11 a.m. PT).
- The prelims begin Oct. 24, 12 p.m. ET (9 a.m. PT).
- The early prelims begin Oct. 24, 10.15 a.m. ET (7.15 a.m. PT).
- The primary card begins Oct. 24, 7 p.m. BST.
- The prelims begin Oct. 24, 5 p.m. BST.
- The early prelims begin Oct 24, 3.15 BST.
- The primary card begins Oct. 25, 5 a.m. AEDT.
- The prelims begin Oct. 25, Three a.m. AEDT.
- The early prelims begin Oct. 25, 1.15 a.m. AEDT.
This card is topic to vary. We’ll try to maintain up to date as a lot as doable.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje,
- Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier
- Alexander Volkov vs. Walt Harris
- Jacob Malhoun vs. Phil Hawes
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lauren Murphy
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Stefan Struve vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Nathaniel Wooden vs. Casey Kenney
- Alex Oliveira vs. Shavkat Rahkmonov
- Da-un Ung vs. Sam Alvey
- Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick
- Joel Alvarez vs. Alexander Yakovlev