UFC 251 goes to be extra thrilling that we first thought. And due to COVID-19, it should be a singular struggle in UFC historical past.
Most assumed that the welterweight title would now not be on the road this Saturday after Gilbert Burns examined optimistic for COVID-19 and was faraway from UFC 251’s essential occasion title struggle towards Kamaru Usman.
The struggle will go on, because of Jorge Masvidal, who is probably the UFC’s most excessive profile welterweight.
Masvidal has formally handed a compulsory COVID-19 take a look at, so now the person they name Road Jesus — who — can be changing Gilbert Burns and going through off towards Usman in the primary occasion of UFC 251.
Now all of the fighters have made weight and we’re good to go.
Which is nice information for followers. Usman versus Masvidal is the struggle most individuals needed to see within the first place. Earlier negotiations between UFC boss Dana White and Masvidal had gone awry, forcing White to go together with Burns as an alternative, however determined instances name for determined measures and it appears to be like like White and Masvidal received the deal performed on the 11th hour. This blockbuster title struggle is now a go.
Proper now Masvidal is without doubt one of the most charismatic and excessive profile fighters within the UFC, so this one needs to be a biggie. As a method match-up it is fascinating. Masvidal is a striker with world-class take down protection. Usman is a grinding wrestler, with an excellent fuel tank and an evolving kickboxing recreation. Given it is a short-notice struggle for Masvidal, Usman would be the betting favourite — however bear in mind what occurred the final time Masvidal confronted off towards a grinding wrestler?
You would be loopy to jot down off Masvidal right here.
However as of immediately, one other attention-grabbing wrinkle: Masvidal’s head coach Mike Brown simply examined optimistic for COVID-19. Unsure how that’ll affect the struggle at this level, however price noting.
Methods to watch UFC 251
This yr the UFC entered a brand new partnership with ESPN. That is nice information for the UFC and the growth of the game of MMA, however unhealthy information for shopper selection. Particularly in case you’re one of many UFC followers who need to watch UFC reside within the US.
Within the US, if you wish to know learn how to watch UFC 251, you will solely discover the struggle night time on PPV via ESPN Plus. The price construction is a bit complicated, however listed here are the choices to observe UFC on ESPN, in keeping with ESPN’s website.
- Present yearly ESPN Plus subscribers can order the upcoming UFC struggle for $65.
- Present month-to-month ESPN Plus subscribers will be capable of both improve to an annual plan and purchase UFC PPV for $85 or buy the flexibility to observe the UFC occasion on PPV for $65 by itself.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers can purchase a bundle of 1 UFC PPV occasion (streaming in HD) and an ESPN Plus annual recurring subscription for $85. The ESPN Plus annual ESPN subscription will autorenew after one yr, on the value of an ESPN Plus annual subscription on the time of autorenewal.
You are able to do all the above on the hyperlink beneath.
- The principle card begins July 11, 10 p.m. ET (7 p.m. PT)
- The prelims begin July 11, eight p.m. ET (5 p.m. PT)
- The early prelims begin July 11, 6 p.m. ET (three p.m. PT)
- The principle card begins July 12, three a.m. BST
- The prelims begin July 12, 1 a.m. BST
- The early prelims begin July 12, 11 p.m. BST
- The principle card begins July 12, 12 p.m. AEDT
- The prelims begin July 12, 10 a.m. AEDT
- The early prelims begin July 12, eight a.m. AEDT
- Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway
- Petr Yan vs. Jose Aldo
- Jéssica Andrade vs. Rose Namajunas
- Amanda Ribas vs. Paige VanZant
- Volkan Oezdemir vs. Jiri Prochazka
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Muslim Salikhov
- Makwan Amirkhani vs. Danny Henry
- Leonardo Santos vs. Roman Bogatov
Early Prelims (On UFC Combat Move)
- Marcin Tybura vs. Alexandr Romanov
- Raulian Paiva vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
- Karol Rosa vs. Vanessa Melo
- Martin Day vs. Davey Grant
What in regards to the undercard?
It is implausible. The principle card particularly is spectacular, packing three title fights. Max Holloway makes an attempt to regain his featherweight crown towards present champ Alexander Volkanovski. Absolute banger. Petr Yan versus Jose Aldo may not be the bantamweight title struggle most MMA specialists needed, however it’s an excellent match-up that includes two of one of the best strikers within the UFC.
We additionally get to see the return of former strawweight queen Rose Namajunas. Man. It is a UFC card for the ages and you would be loopy to overlook it.