Google Meet competes in opposition to Zoom, Microsoft Groups, JioMeet and different video conferencing apps. Lately, Google started rolling out a characteristic that built-in the Google Meet button within the firm’s mail app, Gmail. This allowed customers to begin a gathering on Google Meet by merely clicking a button proper subsequent to the Mail button in Gmail for each Android and iOS.
Nevertheless, in the event you don’t love this modification and wish Google Meet and Gmail to work as separate apps, there is a approach to do away with Meet in Gmail. Observe this information as we let you know find out how to take away the Google Meet tab out of your Gmail inbox. ‘
Tips on how to take away Google Meet tab from Gmail
Earlier than we begin, it is best to know that not all customers can see the Google Meet tab within the Gmail app on their respective Android telephones or iPhones as a result of, as of now, the Google Meet tab is barely showing for individuals who have paid G Suite account on their units. Nevertheless, in the event you’re utilizing Gmail on a pc browser, the Meet tab will be discovered on the left, sitting proper above Hangouts. Observe these steps to take away Google Meet from Gmail.
Take away Google Meet tab from Gmail app on Android and iOS
If you happen to’re utilizing the Gmail app in your Android cellphone or iPhone, and also you need to disable the Google Meet tab in your inbox, observe these steps.
- Open Gmail in your cellphone > faucet the hamburger icon > go to Settings.
- Faucet your electronic mail handle to go forward. You may must individually disable the Meet tab for every of your electronic mail addresses, if in case you’ve got a number of accounts.
- Now, scroll down and find the Meet tab > uncheck Present the Meet tab for video calling.
- With this performed, your Gmail app will revert to its previous design.
Take away Google Meet tab from Gmail for Internet
Observe these steps to take away the Meet tab in Gmail for the net.
- On a pc, open Gmail > hit the cog icon to go to Settings > click on See all settings.
- Click on Chat and Meet > allow Disguise the Meet part in the primary menu.
- That is it, you will not see the Meet tab residing over Hangouts anymore.
By following these easy steps, you may take away the Google Meet tab from Gmail and revert to its previous design.
For extra tutorials, go to our How To part.
Why are smartphone costs rising in India? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly know-how podcast, which you’ll subscribe to by way of Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, obtain the episode, or simply hit the play button under.