Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom opened Saturday, and might be adopted by Epcot and Hollywood Studios on July 15. In contrast to its West Coast counterpart from the deliberate July 17 date, Disney World is reopening proper on cue. It comes virtually 4 months after Disney World closed its gates March 15 because of the unfold of the coronavirus.in Orlando, Florida.
Disney says it is drawing on the expertise it gained inand , in addition to . It is put in place insurance policies utilizing the steering of well being consultants, authorities businesses, business teams and analysis universities.
“Facets of a Disney theme park day have been reexamined in gentle of the brand new world surroundings,” Disney says.
Every part within the parks and resorts is affected, from lining up for rides to eating, retail, monorails and even scanning your ticket for entry. These are thenecessities you may anticipate in the event you’re planning to attend the parks.
Entry to the parks
Capability is being strictly restricted in Disney World, requiring you to reserve your home on-line utilizing the brand new Disney Park Go system. Here is all of the steps it is advisable attend.
- First, you will want a ticket or an annual cross (Disney World resumed promoting 2020 tickets and resort reservations on July 9)
- Log into your My Disney Expertise account on Disneyworld.com
- Hyperlink your loved ones’s tickets to the identical account to ensure your reservations are all collectively
- The location will then provide you with entry to a calendar displaying accessible reservation dates for every park
- Repeat the method when you’ve got a multi-day ticket — you will want a reservation for each day of your ticket — or for annual passholders staying at a Disney World resort.
Well being and security within the parks
When you’re inside one of many parks, there are new well being and security protocols required throughout COVID-19.
“Our deliberate and phased method at Walt Disney World Resort emphasizes a number of layers of well being and security measures,” stated Dr. Pamela Hymel, Disney Parks chief medical officer.
- Face masks: Should be worn by all friends age 2 and up, and all forged members, other than some performers. You may take your masks off whereas consuming or ingesting and in sure relaxation areas the place you may take a break from carrying it. In any other case, it have to be worn over the nostril and mouth — together with whereas on rides.
- Social distancing: Floor markings will assist friends to keep up bodily distancing in retail shops and attraction queues, and bodily obstacles like plexiglass have been positioned alongside traces that snake round in addition to on bigger attraction automobiles just like the boats on The Jungle Cruise. Caps may also be positioned on what number of friends are allowed in shops, eating places and relaxation areas.
- Temperature screenings: All friends should endure this earlier than getting into a park. Anybody with a temperature of 100.four levels Fahrenheit (38 levels Celsius) or increased might be taken to a different location for re-screening. In the event that they clock the identical temperature once more, they will not be permitted entry — and neither will anybody of their social gathering.
- Safety: To keep away from bodily contact at safety checkpoints, friends will carry their private gadgets and baggage with them by a steel detector as a substitute of the normal bag search. Some places would require issues like steel objects and aerosol cans to be positioned in a bin earlier than strolling by the detector.
- Transportation to the parks: Disney World depends on a variety of various transport choices, together with the monorail, boats, Skyliner, buses and parking zone trams. Friends might want to put on masks always whereas on Disney World transportation. Monorails and buses can have bodily distancing together with obstacles to separate events. The Skyliner will solely load one social gathering per gondola as soon as it begins up once more on July 15. The parking zone trams are at present not working.
- Coming into the parks: Friends will scan their ticket, cellphone or MagicBand for entry. Biometrics just like the fingerprint sensor are disabled for now.
- Cashless buying: Friends are being requested to make use of cashless types of fee when eating and buying. This consists of bank cards, cellular fee and MagicBands.
- Cleansing: Excessive-traffic areas within the parks might be cleaned extra regularly, and hand sanitizer stations might be accessible all through the theme parks for friends and forged members to make use of. Trip automobiles might be wiped down regularly.
- Incredi-Crew: A brand new class of forged members might be carrying brightly coloured clothes. They’re accessible to assist with any questions on new procedures.
What’s lacking? What’s nonetheless the identical?
- Rides: Disney says “most points of interest” might be open, together with the brand new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway curler coaster at Hollywood Studios.
- Parades: The standard Disney World parades are canceled for now, because of the danger of attracting a big crowd. As an alternative, the parks are doing cavalcades designed to “shock and delight” friends. A number of characters will pop up on a single float unannounced.
- Characters: You may nonetheless be capable of see Mickey and the Disney Princesses, however they will be atop a cavalcade or boat, or in different bodily distanced areas like platforms above walkways. No hugs or autographs for now.
- Fireworks: Canceled for now.
- Leisure: Fundamental Avenue Philharmonic at Magic Kingdom; Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors at Epcot; and Discovery Island Drummers at Animal Kingdom are returning.
- Epcot festivals: Epcot is mixing its Worldwide Meals and Wine Pageant with its Flower and Backyard Pageant this 12 months.
How will eating at Disney work?
Disney World’s eating places are additionally getting a COVID-19 overhaul. You may want the My Disney Expertise app — by that, you may reserve eating, verify in, browse menus and cellular order meals. Friends may also scan a QR code to entry a digital menu and even verify in to a table-service restaurant.
Whenever you cellular order meals now, as a substitute of strolling as much as the service counter to allow them to know your order, you may faucet “I am right here” within the app and head to the pick-up space after that.
Tables may also be bodily distanced and cleaned extra regularly. Self-service choices — like buffets or self-serve espresso stations — will not be accessible for now.
It seems to be like character eating will nonetheless be accessible, however with lowered contact.
The American Disney theme parks are among the many final to reopen: Disneyland Shanghai opened Could 11, adopted by Hong Kong Disneyland on June 18 and Tokyo Disney on July 1, with plans to open Disneyland Paris on July 15 consistent with Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
Disneyland delayed its reopening attributable to California’s lack of steering on well being and security measures for theme parks in addition to its lack of ability to achieve an settlement as of but with the unions representing its forged members.
The Downtown Disney buying and eating space reopened on July 9 consistent with California’s restaurant and retail opening pointers, nonetheless.
COVID-19, the respiratory illness brought on by the coronavirus, has quickly unfold throughout the globe. There at the moment are over 12 million confirmed instances globally. Within the US, there have been three million instances confirmed and over 132,000 deaths, in response to knowledge compiled by Johns Hopkins College. A vaccine might not arrive till 2021.