TikTok has suspended the account of standard creator Faizal Siddiqui after one in all Siddiqui’s movies confronted large criticism and was accused of glorifying acid assaults on girls. Faizal Siddiqui’s account can not be accessed on the TikTok. The video caught the attention of not solely the Nationwide Fee for Girls (NCW) but additionally of a number of celebrities who known as Siddiqui out. The controversy across the video additionally resulted in lots of of customers leaving 1-star critiques for the app on app shops.
To recall, the video by Faizal Siddiqui confirmed the TikTok creator threatening a woman who left him for an additional man. In response, Siddiqui threw some liquid on the lady’s face. The lady is proven with heavy make-up that many consider resembles the scars of an acid assault.
Listed here are the highest 5 issues about Faizal Siddiqui and TikTok controversy:
- After the video went viral on numerous social media platforms, the NCW took cognisance of the matter and requested TikTok India to instantly take away the video from the platform and block Faizal Siddiqui. The NCW additionally requested the Maharashtra police, in a letter, to instantly take motion in opposition to the individual accountable for making the video.
- Following the controversy and requires eradicating the video, TikTok suspended the account of the creator and it’s not accessible. TikTok advised Devices 360 that the video in query was eliminated the creator himself yesterday (Could 18), and the corporate eliminated the duplicates over the course of yesterday and immediately. “Conserving folks on TikTok secure is a prime precedence and we make it clear in our Time period of Service and Group Tips that clearly outlines what is just not acceptable on our platform,” TikTok mentioned in an announcement. “As per the coverage, we don’t permit content material that dangers security of others, promotes bodily hurt or glorifies violence in opposition to girls. The behaviour in query violates our tips and we’ve got taken down content material, suspended the account, and are working with legislation enforcement companies as acceptable.”
- TikTok app has seen a flood of 1-star critiques on Apple App Retailer and Google Play Retailer. A whole lot of India Android and iOS customers are calling for a ban on the app and its elimination from the app shops. A number of of the 1-star critiques are additionally a results of a latest feud between one other TikTok creator and brother of Faizal Siddiqui – Amir Siddiqui – and YouTuber CarryMinati that has led to a number of followers of the YouTuber to indicate their dislike of the platform by leaving 1-star critiques.
- Amid the controversy, a number of notable personalities additionally thrashed Siddiqui over the ‘wicked’ video. This contains actors Swara Bhaskar and Pooja Bhatt, acid assault survivor Laxmi Aggarwal, and so forth. #BanTikTokinIndia and a number of other related hashtags have been trending on Twitter due to the controversy.
- In an announcement launched on Instagram, Faizal Siddiqui defended the video and indicated that it has been misrepresented. The TikTok creator additionally apologised. “As a social media influencer, I notice my accountability and apologise to anybody who was offended by the video,” creator mentioned within the assertion.
For the most recent tech information and critiques, observe Devices 360 on Twitter, Fb, and Google Information. For the most recent movies on devices and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Nokia 5.1 Plus Begins Receiving Android 10 Replace in India